For Suppliers only:
2) Consolidate multiple shipments to the same destination (ship weekly to cut costs).
3) Please do not use Canada Post “Priority Courier” service or “Xpres spost” service. These are the same as other Courier services and CN does not get a discount for these services.
4) Please do not use other courier companies unless as instructed below. These services are extremely expensive because CN does not get a discount for these services.
5) Purolator shipments should be processed electronically to avoid error-related costs.
6) Early delivery is an expensive option; please do not use unless absolutely necessary.
7) Please do not ask Purolator or any other courier companies for same-day delivery. Local companies provide a more reliable and more competitive same-day service.
8) Please do not use express/courier-provided packaging/envelopes unless absolutely necessary; these envelopes can easily double CN’s costs with no improvement in service quality.
9) For any questions related to courier services, please contact Supply Management: Nick Lesey (514) 399 4968 or Brigitte Michaud (514) 399 5959 for instructions.
10) Please do not ship computers and monitors via Purolator or any other carrier. Contact Greg Lawless at (514) 399-5215 for instructions.
Shipments for Canadian Suppliers
(Excludes small letters up to 2 lbs., which should be sent via Canada Post (Royal Mail)
IMPORTANT: Please do not ship computers and monitors via PUROLATOR or any other carrier. Contact Greg Lawless at (514) 399-5215 for instructions.
The following routing instructions are to be followed at all times for shipments within Canada.
Shipments within Canada – use Purolator “GROUND DEFERRED” (Regular Ground). SUPPLIERS ship and select “THIRD PARTY” and specify account number 014445415 for on-line bill of lading or 004445415 for manual bill of lading and CN, 935 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 2M9 in the third party billing name & address box.
Maximum weight is 150 lbs. per total shipment - VERY IMPORTANT - DO NOT EXCEED 70 LBS per piece.
Should the piece exceed 70 lbs, please refer to the "TRUCK SHIPPING" section of our website http://cnplus.cn.ca
CN Suppliers must enter CN’s cost center, if available, in the reference field of a manual or electronic bill of lading. For bills of lading, pickups and tracing use www.purolator.com (preferred) or call Purolator at 1-888-744-7123 ex64044. ALWAYS specify “CN RAIL” in the sender and/or receiver address.
Emergency air shipments:
For all emergency shipments UP TO 90 lbs., use Purolator “Air” (approx. twice the price of as regular ground service).
For all emergency shipments in excess of 90 lbs (max 200 lbs) use Air Trades Collect to account number CNR-001, tel.: 1 800 465-8402.
For all emergency shipments in excess of 200 lbs, please call Greg Lawless at 514-399-5215.